Do not operate a pump without having read and understood its Operations Manual.
- Always disconnect the negative battery cable before working on any pump.
- Make sure all hose joints are properly connected before starting the pump.
- Level the pump using jack stands or cribbing.
- Install cribbing or support when using 8” or larger suction and discharge hoses.
- Allow engine or motor to warm up before raising level to operating speed.
- Raise and lower engine speed gradually.
- Consult Godwin Pumps or an authorized distributor if operating an engine or motor over 1800 RPM.
- Service diesel engines every 250 hours of running time.
- Open drain valves on volute and non-return valves after shutting down a pump in freezing weather (ice can form and expand, possibly causing damage).
- Take lines apart away from your body in case any remaining liquids spray.
- Don’t touch the air compressor outlet line. It can be a hot surface!
- Don’t block air flow to the engine radiator (prevents overheating).
- Don’t pump liquids with a pH other than 7 (neutral). Internal corrosion may occur.
- Don’t pump heavy abrasive material. Internal corrosion may occur.
- Don’t run a diesel engine to the point of running out of fuel. The fuel delivery system will need to be bled prior to re-starting the engine.
- Don’t open the radiator cap while the engine is still warm.
Godwin O&M Manual
You can download the Godwin O&M Manual here.